Another practical course that will prepare students with insight and skills and equip the local church to spread the gospel of Christ in its neighborhoods. It will update participants about current cultural trends. It will provide new mission analysis and practices that directly affect how the church witness and presence in society and world.
Here is an example of the certificate objectives:
The following intended learning outcomes will be achieved by this course:
- The student will be able to demonstrate by discussion and dialog a basic understanding of the trends of modern culture and its impact on the church in the postmodern world.
- The student will be able to articulate the components that are evidenced in a missional church.
- The student will explore the differences between being a sending church and being a sent church, in the context of Mission USA/Canada, and the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition.
- The student will be able to explain possible options to be used in bringing the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to address the trends of the relativistic, pluralistic society, and the individual caught up in that society.
- Evangelism Certificate consists of five courses:
- Developing a Missional Church OTR-4013
- Leadership in Christian Education CEM-2133
- Global Evangelism OTR-2013
- Western World, Ancient and Medieval Times HIS-2013
- Western World and the Modern Emerging Society HIS-2023